Top Places You Need to Visit in the Philippines in 2019
The Philippines is one of the most popular Southeast Asian destinations, and today’s guest blogger Niki will share the best places to visit in the Philippines in 2018.
The Philippines is becoming more and more popular on the South East Asia Backpacker trail.
Summer is going on, and the hidden explorer within us is popping out to find some adventure spots. I am sure that this country can make your 2018 memorable.
Take a paper & pen and start making a list you can visit during your stay of the Philippines. In this article, you can get the topmost options with the do’s and don’ts in this beautiful and heavenly country.
Let the sea set you free. You must not avoid Apo Island if the sea is your first love. It is a tiny island which is located on the southern Negros.
- The area around the island is known for its marine sanctuary.
- It is said that this water includes over 600 species of fish and 88% of the total species of coral found in the Philippines.
- There are many sea turtles available in this area as the water around it is their home. If you visit Apo Island, it is a sure thing to find sea turtles.
- It is also possible to see thresher sharks, whales, and manta rays during your stay of Apo Island; if you are lucky enough!
- Whether you are a learner or a professional scuba diver, this place will not disappoint or discourage you. In fact, it is a must visit Island.
Tip: Touching these beautiful sea creatures are not allowed. You can surely swim beside them and even it is easy to get close, but chasing is a big no-no!
Are you running out of time and only have a day or two in the Philippines? If yes, then you need to go to Palawan. When you decide to visit this country, you know that you are going to experience some spectacular beaches and islands, and Palawan is at the top.
- If you are a backpacker or a solo traveler, then this place is a must visit. You can also find some luxurious resorts here if you want to stay lavishly.
- Palawan can give us some fantastic opportunities to explore underwater and overwater views. I personally love El Nido.
- There are many city tours available in Puerto Princesa which is known for its longest navigable underground river in the world.
- It has a lot to offer including snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, and even hiking for the people who need some change on this island.
- Palawan can leave you speechless when you see the scenery and click some postcard-perfect photographs. White sand beaches and colorful corals are its beauty.
Find the most suitable hotel in the Philippines.
Tagaytay is one of the most popular tourist destinations as it is setting new bars for its mesmerizing scenery. It overlooks Taal Lake in Batangas. Not only that, but it also allows us to see Taal Volcano Island.
- Tagaytay is considered to be the second summer capital of the Philippines because of its high altitude providing cooler climate.
- If you are an early morning bird, then Tagaytay can give you the best treat of sunrise, as it reveals the fantastic views of the Taal crater lake.
- This place is also famous for its food. A local ground coffee named Barako coffee and Buko coconut pie is the delicious attractions.
- Even hiking is possible on Taal Volcano. It is effortless to hike, and if someone doesn’t want to climb the crater all by yourself, then there is a convenient option of the horse ride.
- Christmas is the best time to visit this city. Sky ranch amusement park, Ayala malls serin, and various restaurants help us to create best vacation memories.
Tip: P50 entrance fees per person and P35 parking fees are there to maintain the place. So, if you have an issue paying additional charges, then you can avoid the trek.
Ilocos Region is located in the Northern part of Luzon, and it is one of the best historic towns of Vigan. There are many fantastic places situated nearby, including Saud beach and La Paz dunes.
- It is easy to reach Ilocos region as there are many options available either by plane or by road. It can be a fun ride of about 8 hours.
- If your heart lies in the history and war-survived old churches, then this place can become your dream place in the Philippines as it is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- You can also find Bangui windmills, and Cabacan falls there if you want to explore some out of the box and unexplored places.
- The winding patapat bridge and Bantay Abot caves near Pagudpud can help you to take some extraordinary pictures.
- There are many cottage industries available like loom weaving, ceramics, wood, and iron works. Being tourists, you can also explore and try our hands on them.
Tip: A place named Baluarte, also known as the Fortress, is the home of many endemic animals in the Philippines. It is a mini-zoo. It is recommended to visit this place if you have some extra hours.
Check the best 5-day Cambodia itinerary
Being an activity freak, I loved my visit to Bohol. There are many out of the box activities I did here and enjoyed the nature to its fullest. It offers excellent varieties of landscapes and adventures. Tourists can literally feel ‘countryside’ here.
- When you think that you want to live in a separate island which should be connected to the central area, then you should stay in Panglao. It is linked to Bohol with a bridge and provides a fulfilling and homely feeling.
- Bohol is two island in one as there is a tiny Panglao joined to the larger Bohol island. Chocolate Hills and Bohol beach club are two main attractions in this area.
- If you want to witness fireflies at night, then don’t forget to visit the Loboc river after sunset. You may get the spectacular view there. Thank me later!
- Do you love animals? There are Tarsiers, which you will find almost everywhere around this Island. Some travelers say that they are unofficial symbol of Bohol.
- Rent some bicycles or take your RV and explore Hinagdanan cave. This place is quite off-beat, but you will be in love with it because of its underground lake, where you can even go swimming.
Tip: When the hotel or travel agency offers you some local tours, don’t forget to tell them to take you to the Corella sanctuary. Otherwise, you will end up in some nearby places where tarsiers are kept in inhumane conditions to please tourists. Not good!
Find the world best cone-shaped volcano here in Bicol. This place is heavenly. You can reach there from Legazpi airport or Naga airport. It only takes 1 hour to drop you on the land of Bicol from the southeast of Manila. So convenient!
- In Donsol, you can get the chance to swim with whale sharks. So, if this activity is on your bucket list, go to Bicol without having any second thoughts.
- Apart from the scenic islands, there are some famous heritage centers with some beautiful Spanish-colonial churches.
- If surfing is love for any of you, then you guys will surely feel lucky as Daet can give you a decent surfing experience.
- Between the months of June to November, you can get rains. March to May is peak travel season to the coasts of Caramoan and Donsol.
- Naga city is famous for the Christian devotional Peñafrancia Festival. Many people visit that throughout the year.
Boracay is a well-explored beach. It is one of the best white sand beaches in the Philippines, and the water shows us by far the best deep blue colors. If we click pictures of some random beach, we have to photoshop them to look like the Boracay!
- If you are tired of the white sands, you can make your way to Puka beach which is comparatively less crowded.
- Baling Hai is also an excellent option to explore as a tourist. It is a resort with a private stretch of beach. It doesn’t have any entree fees more than USD 10, including food/drink. You can enjoy the private beach luxuries.
- Sailing a small boat and enjoying the sunset views is a thing you just can’t miss when you are at Boracay. The colors of the sky can blow your mind.
- If you are a night owl and finding a place with lively nightlife and excellent dining, then also Boracay will not disappoint you.
- The trip to Boracay is pocket-friendly. The best time to visit Boracay is between December and January. March to May are the hottest months when you can enjoy sunbathes and clear skies.
Tip: Generally this beach gets densely crowded. If you love isolation or finding some hidden spots for the local feels, then Boracay is not for you. There are plenty of other places which can serve your purpose though, but not this one.
Apart from this list, there are some other beautiful places like Surigao, Northern Cebu, Rizal, Batanes, Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park, Mount Pulag – Luzon, Iloilo City, etc. in the Philippines.
In short, this country is mesmerizing and full of adventure. If you are confused about it, I request you to throw away all your double thoughts and take a leap.
You will never regret your decision to visit the Philippines. In fact, it can become a journey to live for! Enjoy your stay, take some amazing pictures, and make beautiful memories.
Also, learn about 14 fun activities in Bangkok.