Top Things to do in Hue, Vietnam
For those who have little idea of where Huế is, should know that it is one of the most beautiful cities in central Vietnam. Located on the banks of Perfume River, the city was the seat of the Nguyen Dynasty emperors during the 19th-century. Locals and tourists are lured by the city, not just because of its illustrious history and ancient architecture, but also its nature, food, and festivities.
It is very easy to reach Hue as it is well-connected to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City by rail and road. One of the popular routes is to take a car from Da Nang to Hue and explore beautiful places and interesting sights on the way. Just make sure that you make bookings via a reliable transportation booking platform.
Huế has a lot to offer to its visitors, and its ancient historical monuments and engaging museums are sure to keep you busy for hours. Here is a list of some of the fascinating things to enjoy in Huế.
- Discover the city on a bicycle– One of the best ways to discover the city and get familiar with it to take a bicycle tour. You can explore the entire city on your bicycle and take your time to enjoy the sights and sounds and smells that you come across as you cycle along the banks of Huong River and the coastal road. Go past those local shops, cafes, and a lot more interesting sites.
- Visit the Thien Mu Pagoda– The seven-story Thien Mu Pagoda is the tallest religious building in Vietnam. It is a must to visit the Pagoda that overlooks the Perfume River, and the temple is a site of political and religious significance. The historic temple is seen as the unofficial symbol of the city and is often found in folk rhymes and local tales.
- A drive to the Bach Ma National Park– Look for a private car ride to the spectacular Bach Ma National Park, where you can enjoy several outdoor activities. The National Park boasts of a unique ecosystem and immense biodiversity. Locals and tourists love to come here and explore its habitats and participate in activities like rappelling, camping, trekking, and a lot more.
- Stop at the Brass Works– Brass Works is simply a haven for all those who are in love with Brass. This is a must to do for every tourist and enjoy looking at the mesmerizing brass items that are interesting to look at. They can learn about the techniques and tools used to make those brass items and even buy some artifacts.
- Explore the Imperial City– It is a must to explore the Vietnam Imperial City when in Hue. The palace was the home of Vietnam’s emperors, and although much of the fortress has been damaged, you can still enjoy looking at the ruins and the restored parts of the Imperial City that are surrounded by a moat filled with waterlilies.
- Tour the Phong Nha Cave– Most tourists who visit Hue, make it a point to explore the Phong Nha Cave, which is simply amazing and beautiful. Look at the unique grottos with the cave and enjoy a boat cruise on the Son River. The cave is more than 7 km long and has an underground river.
Enjoy some fishing– Another fun and interesting thing to do in Hue is to do some fishing and do what the locals do. You are sure to see people fishing almost everywhere in the city. There are authentic fishing restaurants where you can go and catch different kinds of fishes and enjoy some drinks like coffee and beer while fishing.